Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winkle Twinkle (Part 1)

Just thought I'd start documenting my Kathie Winkle stash. Ok, "stash" makes it sound like I have a few. "Cache" might be more accurate. Or "hoard". (Although the thesaurus gives me "wealth" which I really like). These are just the ones that came out of the dishwasher this afternoon.

I think everyone has this pattern called "Rushtone" - I have about 15 pieces. Important Winkle Trivia: this was the dinner dishes used in the movie "Penelope" which BTW featured the unbearably cute  James McAvoy .



This is a brand new one - I've never seen any in person or online. It's called "Digits"... just kidding but it does look like fingers dontcha think? It's actually called "Cordoba". It even has a couple of paint smudges on the back. Love it.



I have a bunch of these in dinner plates, sandwich plates, cereal bowls, a platter, and a serving bowl. Maybe a sugar bowl too. Can't remember... I like to use them for tacos. It's called "Autumn Glen".



I have lots of this as I documented earlier on this blog (which you have no doubt read, since you are me, the only reader of this blog so far...). It's called "San Tropez". It is slightly different than most as it has some texture (ridges in the bottom and indents around the outside edge) and the plates have more of a curved up edge (good for serving spaghetti or stew). (Shown below are a smallish platter and a serving bowl).



 I adore this pattern. The colours are so delicate and the pattern is lovely. It's called "Carousel". I have a few cereal bowls and these fruit nappies which are used constantly but never for fruit.



I only have one piece of this. It's an odd little saucer - I suspect from a gravy boat perhaps? The pattern is called "Autumn".



And this is my new favourite. Picked up four of these the other day at V.V. for two-bucks-a-piece which is pretty high for me but look how gorgeous they are. The colours! "Corinth". I think I'll name my next child that...



Stay tuned for the next installment coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...