Friday, May 4, 2012

First Rhubarby Feast

I just picked my first bunch of rhubarb for the season - May 4 - which I believe is a few weeks early.

(I wish I could post this in smell-o-vision! Wow!)

And I just went to reprint my rhubarb cheat sheet from my previous blog post and realized it's no longer printable. I thought it was - I was sure I had posted a pdf. Now I'm not even sure that's possible...
I will try to figure that out but meanwhile, I will post the stewed rhubarb recipe as that's what I plan to make along with some scones - want to savour the pure rhubarbiness. I will likely shorten the sugar. I like a little bite in my rhubarb.


stewed rhubarb
6 cups rhubarb
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp water (try without) 

simmer 15 m minutes.


(Seems a bit silly posting this - too simple - but I guess if you've never made it...) 


Cheers,
c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...